STREAMING platform Twitch is a great place to share an epic gaming journey with friends, or just dip in to watch a pro work their magic.
But what are “gifted subs” and where can you buy them? Here’s all you need to know.
What is a gifted sub on Twitch?
Users can broadcast what they’re doing, allowing viewers to watch along and comment on the action.
“Subs” allow users to pay a monthly or one off fee to access to streamers’ custom “emotes”, or emoticons, and other benefits streamers can set.
Gifted subscriptions are slightly different, and allow viewers to give a one-month subscription to another viewer on your channel.
According Twitch’s website, gifted subscriptions support “your channel just like a typical sub and gift recipients have the option to become a regular subscriber after their first month expires.
“As your channel grows, gift subscriptions are a great way for your biggest fans to help grow your community”.
How much is a gifted sub on Twitch?
Gifted subs cost the same as regular subs on the platform.
They’re split out into tiers, with the lowest tier costing £3.99.
Subs were originally £4.99 in the UK and $4.99 in the US, but the price of subs in Europe was dropped by 20% in 2021, making the price fairer for Brit gamers.
Where can I buy gifted subscriptions on Twitch?
To buy a gifted sub, simply do the following steps:
- Click the Subscribe button below the stream you’re watching
- Select “Gift a Sub”
- Select which tier-level of subscription you want to pass on
- Choose the amount you’d like to gift (this can be between 1 and 100)
Gifting to a specific user
- You can send one to a specific user by selecting “Gift to a Specific Viewer”,
- This can be done anonymously by selecting – you guessed it – ‘Gift Anonymously’
Gifting via chat
You can also gift a subscription to someone by clicking their name in the chat.
To do so:
- Select the user you want to send it to
- Press / click the “Gift a Sub” button
- Select your preferred tier, and the duration of the gift (this can be one, three, six or 12 months.