The road to the debut in the Melodifestivalen has been tough for Ms. Snusk, who was forced to defend herself against accusations of cheating after Spotify took down several of the songs the artist made together with Rasmus Gozzi.
– I have felt really bad about it. I know what I have done and not done, so it is very sad that people accuse me of things that I have not done, she says.
Miss Snusk claims that neither she nor the producer Rasmus Gozzi bought any streams on Spotify to lift the song on the top charts.
– He has said no and I trust him, she says.
Dala horse dirty
And you feel you can trust him?
– Absolutely. He has never lied to me before, so I trust him 110 percent.
Miss Snusk always appears in a mask and does not want to reveal her real name, or anything about her background. After the breakthrough in 2022 with the song “Ride mig som en dalahäst”, she has quickly become one of Sweden’s most popular – and most controversial – artists with her dirty lyrics.
She has performed 133 concerts around the country in a short time and now an even bigger spotlight awaits the epadunk queen – the Melodifestivalen.
Even the days leading up to the competition in Gothenburg have been tough. The artist has been ill and decided to cut back on interviews and other related activities to rest his voice.
Used to hate
As I said, the upload has not been the best. The uproar has been great and Miss Snusk says that she took offense to what people wrote on social media.
– I’ve always received hate, so it’s something you’re used to. But then it has been easy to blow off because it is not constant, she says.
It is not only in social media that voices have been raised to stop Miss Snusk. Even the newspaper Expressen’s editorial page has demanded that SVT stop the artist.
– I get really sad when people say that. Especially when I know what I have done and not done. For people to say such things about something that I have dreamed about all my life makes me very sad.
Have you been in contact with SVT?
– They have assumed that there are no facts, but that it is pure speculation. So they have decided that I can join. But I have not been in contact with them personally.
Miss Snusk sings the contribution “Young & free” in the second part of the competition in Gothenburg on Saturday.
At the beginning of January, a couple of songs with Rasmus Gozzi and Fröken Snusk disappeared from Spotify, which has not officially confirmed that they suspected manipulation. But several media outlets, including Dagens Nyheter and Aftonbladet, have stated that the streaming service suspects that someone bought fake streams to lift the song up the charts. On February 4, the songs returned to Spotify.